Hi Gleason,

> Any client can and will corrupt a local database in a variety of
> situations.

Well, there are a lot of "good programming practices" to keep the
probability of something like this happening as small as possible. The
most basic one is something like "if you can't write the new data,
make damn sure you haven't ruined the old data until then".

> I am remembering the time I lost a valuable
> file, and every one of four backups was bad.  That has only
> happened once to me, but it does happen.

Accidents do happen. But you can take precautions, and when the
precautions don't work either, that too can happen. But not to take
precautions at all is negligence.

--
MfG,
 Alto Speckhardt                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]