With the new alpha (beta) cycle going on I have to restart TB every
now and then to install a new build (I normally keep it running 24*7).

I noticed that after shutting down TB it takes ages before the program
really disappear from memory (I used taskmanager to check for this).

I just timed it and it took 2 minutes and 45 seconds to finish.
I think it is creating msgs.dump files for my virtual folders.

Am I the only one seeing this?

Some statistics for my situation:

- 3 Accounts
- 478 folders
- 4 Gb disk space used by the message base
- 29 virtual folders
- 310 thousand messages
- Most virtual folders monitor only one folder (and filter on mail
from/to a certain address)
- All virtual folders have the 'store state between sessions' flag
unchecked.

I saw the following memory usage
When shutdown begins: Working Set: 48 Mb, Peak 74 Mb
At the end of the shutdown process: Working Set: 75 Mb, Peak 75 Mb

I also noticed that even though I have virtual folders deep in the
hierarchy like (Account\Folder\SubFolder\*VF*)
TB creates a folder on disk directly under the account to store the
file msgs.dump (Account\VF)

I finaly found a folder 'cache' in my messagebase folder with what
looks like images used in HTML mails. Is this ever cleared ?

--
Robert van der Hulst
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! 4.0.0.8 (ALPHA) on Windows Vista.6.0.6000