On Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 9:23:33 AM, Robert van der Hulst wrote:

> inbox, outbox, Sent Mail and deleted folders (The first three are
> empty on exit because I use rules to filter incoming and sent
> messages out of them to 'Known' and 'Unknown' folders)

while it may not account for the full time, just because a folder is
"empty" does not necessarily mean there is noting to purge and
compress. The things you filter on to other folders may remain as
deleted messages you just don't see.

--
Dwight A. Corrin
1201 W River Blvd Apt B108
dcorrin at fastmail.fm
Using IMAP with The Bat! 4.0.0.8 (ALPHA) on Windows XP version 5,1 (Service
Pack 2)