A> On Monday, July 07, 2008 at 7:17 AM, Thomas wrote:

>> I think U&R messages are a good feedback to the developers, and the
>> location adds to the colour, i.e. internationality, of this list.

A> Actually, I don't think that it's very helpful at all to a developer.
A> Up and running on what kind of machine? How much RAM does it have?
A> What OS is it running?

Actually I do like the up & running message as it indicates the number of ppl
actually testing the version. Otherwise you don't get any response and have no
clue if it is just because noone tried it. Though, it could be beefed up by OS
version, and machine (number of cores, screens, etc.) to make it even more
meaningful, but even as is I find it helpful.