[Reply to: »Marek Mikus« · 2009-03-24 · 18:45 h (CET)]

Moin, Marek!

>> I repeatedly say: I don't need a Mailclient which is based on
>> Workarounds.

> Jens, other clients have RTV only, The Bat! has additionally PTV.
> What is the reason to have two RTVs? Plain is plain.

Taken to extremes, one could ask: If you say "Plain is plain", why …

- … does the PTV show text formatting (e.g. bold, italic, underline,
  colors) for different parts of a message (quotations, signature,
  hyperlinks)? – Maybe in the interest of improving readability ;-)

- … have the statuses of the wishes 1902 [1] and 3123 [2] been set to
  "feedback" or "new" for *years*, instead of "closed" with the
  corresponding comment "Obsolete because of the brilliant workaround
  named »txt2html.regexps«, furthermore PTV must not show any text
  formattings."? ;-)

I do not want to be a nitpicker, so I can live without this feature,
although I love the idea of a native (and optional) support of such
text formattings.

No offense meant! – Cheers!
VA

[1] <https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=1902>
[2] <https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=3123>

- --
Direct eMail without [tbb] in subject line will end in Nirvana!
Q&A <mailto:va%20%3...@ahrendt.net%3e?subject=[tbb]%20>
Using /\^o^/\! 4.1.11.8 [Pro] on Windows XP [Pro] Service Pack 3.

»Smart alecks are the roots of all evil.« – Mika M. Kruse