Hello Paul,

On Fri, 22 May 2009 13:57:13 -0400 GMT (23/May/09, 0:57 +0700 GMT),
Paul Van Noord wrote:

TF>> I understand what you say, but for the user, Thunderbird, Eudora or
TF>> even Outlook don't have this problem that TB! has. I can explain a
TF>> hundred times to him that it is not TB!'s fault, but he will still
TF>> choose to use another email client.

PVN> Why don't you educate him on the quality of AV programs. Send him
PVN> the link to see the list. It may be an eye opener.

Why would I do that? If installing and using TB! requires an education
in AV software first, Ritlabs should bundle that with the product.
However, I guarantee you that people will choose an email client that
does not require this additional hurdle.

PVN> Helping him to get away from McAfee would be a blessing for him
PVN> (and you?).

I'm not using McAffee. And I won't go into a battle which AV software
is better. It is Ritlabs' problem that some AV software labels TB! as
bad and deletes and quarantines it, so Ritlabs must deal with it if
they want. All we can do on this list is make them aware.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.