Hello Dwight,

> never  had this happen to me. How can TB be broken because the server
> ends the connection?

As explained earlier in the thread: The server doesn't end the connection,
TheBat just claims that that's the case. In reality, TheBat ends the connection
(which is where it is broken), because
- The ServerLog shows that the connection was terminated by the client
- The Server doesn't have a 2 MB limit (this is not even possible with Dovecot)
- Thunderbird works fine
- Trying a different server (gmail.com) The Bat also claims that the server
ended the connection.

If you try to copy a message of >2 MB to an IMAP folder of your choice, does
the upload work?

There are actually 3 problems in TheBat that all come together here:
1) TB can't upload >2MB messages
2) Communication with the user is faulty (TB claiming that the server ended the
connection; TB not showing in the connection center that it resumed uploading)
3) Message loss can occur, because if you choose MOVE then those messages >2MB
get deleted from your local folder but not uploaded.

1 is a simple but annoying bug that can happen but should be fixed. 2 makes me
doubt one thing that I previously appreciated: That TB actually tells the user
what it does. 3 is a major problem, as messages can be lost unrecoverably.

Can you also confirm 3? What happens if you move a message >2MB from a local
folder to an IMAP folder?

 Carsten                            mailto:gutha...@gmail.com