Hi Thomas and Kertész,

  on Saturday, September 19, 2009 at 6:43 AM you wrote:

> Hello Kertész,

> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 12:47:26 +0159 GMT (17/Sep/09, 17:48 PM +0700 GMT),
> Kertész Vilmos wrote:

KV>> Why bother to add a note. Nothing will happen. I became apathetic over
KV>> the last year. I dont believe TB is going somewhere, I dont see any
KV>> signs. I WOULD LIKE to see the signs, dont misunderstand me.

> TheBat! has potential, but it needs professional management to develop
> it in full and make the product a major player in the market. Which I
> think is possible. However, I believe Ritlabs' management is just
> content with the market share they have, and we have the choice of
> buying/promoting the product or not.

> In my personal opinion, it is a shame that all this potential is
> not being used. But then, I am a user/customer, not a shareholder.
> It's up to them, it's their product. Market forces will decide whether
> they will grow or die, as with other software products we have loved
> in the past.

This is *OT* so I would not like to continue this, but I will
reiterate my opinion of RitLabs. And this is *not* specifically
directed towards you Thomas or you Kertész - not at all. I just wish
to make a general statement on behalf of RitLabs.

Software development is a precarious job of walking a marketing
tightrope. For a certain product or product group there can be an
easily sustainable market segment if you keep yourself lean. If you
wish more, you have to spend more to take business away from someone
else.

RitLabs has been doing this for quite awhile now and is still here,
producing and making progress with a really cool and unique product
that has a predictable clientele. Perhaps this market segment that TB!
serves is enough to make a few people a few €€ without risking what
they already have, and their goals are quite satisfied by this
business strategy. TB! needs a technical user (IMHO) to fully exploit
its features, and I'm here to tell you that the average middle-aged
users that I have done business with are more comfortable with
Thunderbird, etc... which is a different market segment.

It bugs me to see RitLabs disrespected so much over the years. It
cannot help a developer's attitude at all (and this sentence is the
heart of my post). This is one of the reasons that I don't participate
with TBBETA as much as I use to, even though I love TB! and respect
this list, its participants, and the commitment they have.

Just my 2¢ :)

--
 Neal Laugman

Using TheBat!  4.2.10.12 & AntiSpamSniper 3.2.1.1
Windows XP Service Pack 3