Bats-

I fear there's something I'm not missing here - can someone help me
out with this?

My understanding is the following:

 TBP_NeedConfig() determines whether or not there is a configuration
 process to the plugin:
 returning zero indicates there is not,
 returning one indicates there is.

 If TBP_NeedConfig returned a one, then the configuration procedure is
 contained in TBP_Setup() and will be called when something needs to
 be configured.

 TBP_Setup() should return a zero if nothing was changed,
 or one if something in the configuration did change.

What I am finding instead is that if I return a one from
TBP_NeedConfig() then TBP_Setup() is called immediately as part of the
process of loading the plugin. If TBP_Setup() returns a zero then all
is well and the rest of the loading process continues... except that
Configure button is never enabled.

If, however, I return a one from TBP_Setup() during the plugin load
process then the load is aborted (a DLL_PROCESS_DETACH message is
issued to the plugin), and the plugin never gets to the TBP_GetName()
process.

-Mark Wieder

 Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/4 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2

Current version is 1.62 | "Using TBDEV" information: