Hi Task,

@22-Feb-2003, 03:02 -0400 (07:02 UK time) Task Control said:

>   To procces the texts of the mails in vampire, i use first the
>   uppercase function (i.e: uppercase(GooGLe) = GOOGLE), my
>   questions are:

>   - what happened if i applied uppercase function to a regular
>   expression. ¿it's will work fine? -

Don't. It won't work fine. The RegEx must be passed unmodified raw
text and let the analysis routines within RegEx do their own case
conversion.

> ¿what is better? a. tell to plug'in user: your mails will be
> converted to a "uppercase letters" to be processed. Make your
> regex's filters accord this.

No.

> b. in silence convert the expresions and mail texts to uppercase.

No.

Best to say "If an expression is regex leave the case unmodified".

> - did you like see a regex's filter in vampire?

Yes.

http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/RegEx.html and TheBat help file.

--
Cheers -- .\\arck D Pearlstone -- List moderator
TB! v1.63 Beta/7 on Windows 2000 5.0.2195 Service Pack 2

Current version is 1.62 | "Using TBDEV" information: