On 08/12/2015 12:50 PM, Sun, Ning wrote:
> Hi Ross,
>
> Thanks your for bring this up, there are some questions for us to understand
> your usage senarios:
>
> Are you using tboot right now?
Yes and I am in the process of upgrading to 1.8.3 which is why this came up.

> Do you use Launch Control Policy?
No, we rely on extending PCRs during launch and unsealing when we reach
a known measurement.

> What is your usage model for tboot regarding to avoid this vulnerability?
We use the patch that I attached. Our older current version of tboot
does not have the fix of yours that I referenced.

> Our solution could be a trade-off, either accept your patch and modify the
> user measurement process or do a comparison between 1st and 2nd parameters in
> current commandline.
I guess what confuses us is why there is any special logic skip any
module name when measuring the cmdline that the boot-loader passes in.
What is the motivation to do all the work to not have the boot image
name in the measurement?

--
Ross Philipson