> What is the motivation to do all the work to not have the boot image name in
> the measurement?
Without containing boot image name in the measurement, Launch Control Policy
user don't need to figure out by themselves whether the cmdline includes the
boot image name, and what it is(for different boot loaders), only the arguments
are measured. And if only the boot image name changed (content is same as
before), LCP do not need updated.

If we include image name in cmdline measurement, when tboot user measuring the
cmdline, they should know that grub2 cmdline does not pass boot image name to
tboot, but other boot loaders do so
That will confuse and add extra effort to end user, and it looks like not a
very good design for user experience.
So to tboot in general, the requirement for this is that no boot image name is
required in cmdline measurement and no vulnerability there.
There should be various ways to implement it, we just figure out a better way...

Thanks,
-ning