From: Dr. Greg <g...@idfusion.net>
Sent: Saturday, September 7, 2019 5:33 PM
To: Haskins, Robert (US N-INCADENCE STRATEGIC SOLUTIONS CORPORATION)
<robert.hask...@lmco.com>
Cc: tboot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: [tboot-devel] GETSEC[SENTER]....and then reset

On Tue, Sep 03, 2019 at 08:37:06PM +0000, Haskins, Robert wrote:

Good afternoon Robert, I hope your weekend is going well.

> I have a Getac S410 G2 that I am trying to get TBOOT working on under
> a vanilla RHEL 7.6 O/S with TBOOT 1.9.10. The TBOOT startup looks fine:
>
> TXT.ERRCODE: 0x0
>
> SINIT match on "the 6th_7th_gen_i5_i7-SINIT_79.bin" file
>
> "last boot has no error"
>
> Once it gets to GETSEC[SENTER], it just resets back to grub/startup
screen.

> What am I doing wrong?

It could be a plethora of things.

It would be helpful to have logs from the first phase execution of tboot.
Since tboot is generating a hard platform reset you will need serial logging
or something else to capture the logs unless you are able to get memory
based logging to work.

Is the platform TPM1 or TPM2?  Given it is i6/i7 I'm assuming the latter.

Are the required TPM NVRAM locations configured?

Are you attempting to implement any type of launch control policy?

Logs and answers to the above questions should help get a conversation
started.

Have a good evening.

Dr. Greg

As always,
Dr. Greg Wettstein, Ph.D, Worker
IDfusion, LLC               SGX secured infrastructure and
4206 N. 19th Ave.           autonomously self-defensive platforms.
Fargo, ND  58102
PH: 701-281-1686            EMAIL: g...@idfusion.net
"Sweeny's Law: The length of a progress report is inversely proportional  to
the amount of progress."