Hi Derek

On Mon, 2022-01-31 at 17:26 +0000, Derek Dolney wrote:
> I am using tboot 1.10.3 and all was working fine with Linux kernel
> 5.10.88. However, I upgraded to kernel 5.15.16 and, while booting seems
> to happen properly, suspend is broken. I am using a Lenovo T460p.
> Usually when suspending the power button LED will blink 8 times and then
> it goes into a sleep state. With the newer kernel I get power LED and
> caps lock LED blinking, cpu fan runs fast, and can't get out of that
> state. Need to hard powerdown.
>
> Attaching a txt-stat output. Any ideas what may be happening? Seems like
> I maybe need to report to the kernel devs, but let me know if you have
> some other suggestions. I could do a git bisect of the kernel source and
> probably find the kernel code changes that broke suspend for me. Please
> advise

Without serial console, I guess that as you have a laptop you don't
have RS232 port, it will not be an easy task to debug the issue.

During S3 suspend Linux kernel is jumping to tboot's shutdown entry
point to seal RAM content. You can try to comment out this behavior in
Linux kernel to see if still you can see the issue. This experiment may
tell us if hang is related to tboot's shutdown handler or not.

Lukasz