On 2/1/22 5:25 AM, Łukasz Hawryłko wrote:
> Hi Derek
>
> On Mon, 2022-01-31 at 17:26 +0000, Derek Dolney wrote:
>> I am using tboot 1.10.3 and all was working fine with Linux kernel
>> 5.10.88. However, I upgraded to kernel 5.15.16 and, while booting seems
>> to happen properly, suspend is broken. I am using a Lenovo T460p.
>> Usually when suspending the power button LED will blink 8 times and then
>> it goes into a sleep state. With the newer kernel I get power LED and
>> caps lock LED blinking, cpu fan runs fast, and can't get out of that
>> state. Need to hard powerdown.
>>
>> Attaching a txt-stat output. Any ideas what may be happening? Seems like
>> I maybe need to report to the kernel devs, but let me know if you have
>> some other suggestions. I could do a git bisect of the kernel source and
>> probably find the kernel code changes that broke suspend for me. Please
>> advise
>
> Without serial console, I guess that as you have a laptop you don't
> have RS232 port, it will not be an easy task to debug the issue.
>
> During S3 suspend Linux kernel is jumping to tboot's shutdown entry
> point to seal RAM content. You can try to comment out this behavior in
> Linux kernel to see if still you can see the issue. This experiment may
> tell us if hang is related to tboot's shutdown handler or not.
>
> Lukasz

Lukasz, thanks for the ideas. I tried commenting these 2 lines in
tboot_late_init():

// acpi_os_set_prepare_sleep(&tboot_sleep);
// acpi_os_set_prepare_extended_sleep(&tboot_extended_sleep);

Not entirely sure but my hope was that this would keep the kernel out of
tboot's shutdown handler. I don't know this code, please let me know if
you had something else in mind.

Anyway, it still hangs with these lines commented out. However, if I
boot this kernel (or the kernel with these lines not commented out)
without tboot, I can suspend and resume just fine.