Hi,

Graham Foster schrieb:
> With the idea of integration of AV software, raises the issue of which
> is the "best" AV software (that will work with TB! when its plugins
> are available)

First, please look at www.av-test.org, it's a university driven project
which does independent virus scanner testing. Then throw away all
candidates which do not have a 100% scanning rate.

> My requirements (as a home user on a low spec machine) would be low
> cost, small foot print and easy updates...

When you look at the above link, you won't find a free scanner with all
your requirements. As Alastair wrote, f-prot for DOS is free and has a
very good scanning engine for years now, but you get updates only via
downloadable ZIP files, which you have to extract in the f-prot directory.
With wget and unzip and some comparison of size (to avoid downloading
updates when not necessary), this can of course be done through a batch
file. The integration in TB! is already there - see
www.guenther-eisele.de/bat/fprot_e.htm (or f-prot_e.htm? Don't remember
and have no access to it at the moment). I will try to optimize this
solution like a pop-up which says 'here is a virus' etc....

Bye
Günther