Hello Stefan,

An archeological dig discovered that on Tuesday, January 1, 2002 at
18:49 GMT -0600, Stefan Zauchenberger [SZ] typed the following:

SZ> I have been using The Bat for over a year. Just a few days ago, the
SZ> program started locking up during normal operation. It will hang and
SZ> take up 99% of the CPU. After about 5-7 minutes, it will come back.
SZ> It also happens each time the product is launched.

It sounds like you need to compress your folders.
 |-> Folder
    |-> Compress All Folders.

When you move or delete messages, the message is only *marked* as
deleted.  It still exists in the original message base.  By
compressing the folders, you physically remove those marked messages.
You can have TB compress folders everytime you close TB by selecting
the option in each folder's property dialogue.  If you define age
limits or maximum number of messages in a folder, you need to run a
purge operation.  Purge first filters based on the folder properties,
then runs a compress operation.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

OK, I'm weird! But I'm saving up to become eccentric.