Dear Malte,

 --->>> Malte Schomers / Mittwoch 16.01.2002, 18:12:47
        Automatic switch off with W2k

> [...] where it
> says "Standard PC" to "ACPI compatible PC" or something like that.
> But CAREFUL!!!! If you have bad luck (like I did when I tried that)
> after a reboot you will get a blue screen and won't be able to boot
> Win2k anymore. [...]

Any possibility to know before if I'm gona have *bad luck*??

> This seems to be a relatively common problem though, so it shouldn't
> be too hard to find some info on that on the web.

> BTW: This doesn't have anything to do with The Bat, so you will
> probably get more and better help on a Win2K mailing list/forum/news
> group...

I agree - but as I'm not member of any w2k ML I tried to post my
question here. Thanks for being tolerant.

BTW - can you give me a good ML address (germane and english)?

--
best regards

Eddie