Hello Eddie,

I'll only reply to this OT thread once. Contact me privately for more
info.

Switching from non-ACPI to ACPI-compatible REQUIRES an "upgrade
install" into your same system.

Look at MSKB # Q246236, "How to Upgrade Windows 2000 to Use an ACPI
HAL", for the details.

It is _strongly_ advised to do a full system backup before doing this.
This is a MAJOR change to W2K.

EC> Any possibility to know before if I'm gona have *bad luck*??

If Windows 2000 did not detect an ACPI-compatible BIOS when you
installed, it is unlikely that "forcing" this change will work.
Normally, changing from non-ACPI to ACPI-compatible is done after
replacing the motherboard.

regards, Andy