Wed, 29 May 2002 15:33:23[GMT -0700]   (6:33 PM EDST) Mike Dillinger wrote:

> Since I've upgrade to v1.60m, The Bat! crashes on a daily basis, and over
> the past two weeks I've lost my mail account settings and numerous
> messages.

> [SNIP]

> Can I go backwards in versions?  v1.60k did not do this to me and
> seemed to work fine, at least in this respect.

I just went back to 1.60h, from which I had "upgraded" to "m".

1. Backup your accounts and common folders [Tools | Backup | when
you're asked what to backup, check every box].

2. Uninstall TheBat!; uninstall everything (registry etc.) the TB!'s
unistall asks about.

3. Download and run thebat.exe for (in your case) 1.60k.

[I just FTPed over to ftp.ritlabs.com where I found tb160k.rar in
/pub/the_bat/beta/ . (UltimateZip is freeware, and UltimateZip will
decompress .rar files.)]

4. When thebat.exe asks, elect to restore your your account from the
backup file you made in step 1.

Good luck.

Using The Bat! v1.60h
on Windows 95 4.0 Build 1111 B

--

Daniel A. Grunberg       Kensington, Maryland, USA
homepage: www.nyx.net/~dgrunber/