Hi Allie,

Saturday, June 29, 2002, 11:18:55 AM, you wrote:

ACM> Have you examined the header information. TB! usually uses the
ACM> From header information. Do the AOL messages include a name in
ACM> the From: header or just the e-mail address?

PN>> Is it possible to tell The Bat! what to use as initials in a
PN>> quoted reply?

ACM> Yes. You can either give a fixed string or extract the initials
ACM> from header information using the %Quotestyle macro.

ACM> If the AOL messages only include the e-mail address and you have
ACM> the persons e-mail address in your address book, you could
ACM> generate their initials doing the following:

  <specifics snipped>

  Thanks, Allie, for the thoroughness and detail of your reply.  As
  you'll see from my reply to Marck I've employed the simpler solution
  of placing the initials I want to use in the Prefix field of the AB
  and then using the %QUOTESTYLE="=%ABtoNamePrefix" option.

  However, let me pose the same question to you that I asked Marck.
  What advantages do you see to using Januk's Initial Extractor QTs?

--
Regards,
 Perry

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is
trying to please everybody. -- Bill Cosby

Using The Bat! v1.60q on Windows ME
4.90 Build 3000