Hello Jonathan!

Thanks for your reply.

There is nothing that says you have to use it on the server side. You
can just as well run it on the client as I did under linux using
KMail.  KMail offered me a filter action called "pipe through external
program" which I used to pipe the mail through spamassassin. I am not
aware of similar functionality in The Bat!

Unfortunately I dont have full control of my mail server so I can not
run spamassassin there as you suggested.

Anyhow, I'd be glad if anyone has suggestions for other spamfilters or
tips on how I can get spamassassin to work with The Bat!

Best regards,
Kjartan