Hi Marck,

On Monday, September 23, 2002 at 13:00 GMT +0100, a beagle known as
Marck Pearlstone [MP] barked:

MP> You have to indent all of the text *before* reflowing. If you just
MP> indent the first line, the paragraph reflows back to the leftmost
MP> position within the paragraph.

MP> I think that it can only be done with a clever bit of recursion and
MP> regular expressions [...] adding the indent

This is even trickier than it might seem.  I have been trying to
create a similar indenting macro, and it is a very difficult task.
I can indent one line to up to a predefined limit, but the multiple
line recursion makes TB choke in this case.

It is hard enough to get this working with an externally definable constant
indent.  Now to vary the indent on a per paragraph (or per line) basis
would be *very* difficult.

BTW, what exactly is the problem trying to be solved?  I'm no longer
on TBUDL, so I missed the beginning of this thread.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

Trigonometry for farmers: swine and cowswine.
-- Erland G.

 Current version is 1.61 | "Using TBTECH" information: