Hi Mark,

> 1. variables can be used without previously declaring them. It's
> therefore much harder to catch typing errors since the compiler is
> quite happy accepting them and it's only at runtime that the errors
> are apparent. This creates enormous debugging headaches. Take it from
> one who has had to work with other people's code. I much prefer the
> strong typing of C++, letting the compiler do the work of catching my
> typing errors *before* the code runs.

I was a software developer for over 25 years but I haven't written a
single line of code in 8 years or so now. So, I am not at all familiar
with Delphi. But if I was to come back to s/w development, what you
say would be enough a reason to not even consider Delphi as a possible
tool.

--
Best regards,

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v1.60c

 Current version is 1.61 | "Using TBTECH" information: