On Tue 27-May-03 9:11pm-0400, Marck D Pearlstone wrote:

> @27-May-2003, 20:46 -0400 (01:46 UK time) Bill McCarthy [BM] in
> mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

BM>> I did not suggest it was TB in the mail to which you were responding.

> Not there, but I was responding to this...

Hmm, that was from another message, not the one you were quoting.

BTW, did you notice my little test.  The line starting with
Fromxxx had no problem.

The line starting with "From" followed by a space on a line
following a black line WAS changed.  A '>' was inserted before it
- that's a standard thing to do, but changing it back is also
standard - it didn't happen.

I've send a number of messages to myself.  With various "From "
challenges.  None of them got changed.  (Note: I use pobox.com, a
relay service.  So my email is routed around a bit from my
EarthLink account to pobox back to Earthlink.)  I still think the
mailing list software is the culprit.  Of course those servers
that pass along email may not be programmed correctly.  Maybe
those servers here in the USA are simply better :-)

--
Best regards,
Bill

"I cannot conceive otherwise than that He, the Infinite
 Father, expects or requires no worship or praise from us,
 but that He is even infinitely above it."
      [Benjamin Franklin from "Articles of Belief
       and Acts of Religion", Nov. 20, 1728]