Hello John,

It was foretold that on Monday, October 20, 2003 at 14:19 GMT -0500,
John Morse would type:

JA>>> Column is useful if you want to cleanup the quote prefixes on a block
JA>>> of text. You can do all the lines at once. It is also useful if you

> What do you mean by this?
> Can you give an example?
> thanks

It's a bit hard to demonstrate without you trying it yourself.
Probably the fastest way for you to see what it can do is to start a
status bar or using Leif's tip (great tip BTW).  Now highlight one of
the JA prefixes in my quote above, then drag down.  You will see a
rectangle of text selected, just the JA prefixes should be selected.
Now you can delete, insert, or whatever, just like you can with "normal"
highlighting.

You have to be a bit careful when pasting just because it doesn't
behave exactly the way "normal" stream mode does.  That's a very good
thing at times, but you need to get used to the difference.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal