On Monday, December 01, 2003, Peter Hillier-Brook wrote...

> Would you care to explain why messages in a subscription list are
> published to the known universe via the Web?

The archives are publicly available via a website... All it takes is a
'spider' or web crawler to hit the list archive page, and it'll index
everything on it. I don't believe the list moderators manage the
archives, it's done by another bunch of people. There is little the
moderators can do about it, and you're likely to find, even the
changes they could make are often ignored by most indexing spiders.

--
Jonathan Angliss
([EMAIL PROTECTED])

If computers were a religion, I'd be the Pope.