Hello,

NL> maybe an active virus scanner or some other security software which
NL> inhibits changes on *.cfg files?

Further to my previous post, I...

created a backup of the account
deleted the original account
rebooted (TB won`t close if it checks that account)
disabled my virus software,
...and restored the backup.

The account settings are still missing, but were there then I backed
up the account :-}

I wonder... does anyone fancy trying my backup to see if it does
actually contain the account details ? (its simply a throwaway
newsgroup spamtrap, so no great security worries over the password
becoming known) - there`s only one post in there about a DVD hack

--
Best regards,
 Colin                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]