Can anyone tell me if there's a size limit for TB for mail storage
(theoretical or practical) ?

I know someone who had 75Mb in their inbox* and they started to get
corrupted data errors on specific messages which had previously opened
ok. I was unable to resolve it with the repair facility, and the
messages were not deletable (all their emails tend to have 300k+
images attached)

*and it had been recently compressed :-p

I got "around" the problem by creating more directories to offload
the main inbox to, and a blank directory to allow me to overwrite
the damaged .tbb / .tbi files with "clean" versions.

Are there any stand-alone utils that can strip emails from TB
databases to allow them to be imported to another email app ?

If not, it would be a bloody good idea in terms of data security,
but perhaps also a faux pas for retaining customers :-}

On another note, TB v2+ throws up a warning message if you need to
ctrl-alt-del and kill the process, asking if you want to wait until a
hung mail-fetch has completed. Its a pain in the ass - if I want to
kill a process, I want to kill it *now* - not whenever a hung process
decides to unfreeze itself (if ever).

Anyone else find this a real nuisance ? (often requiring a reboot
before TB will work "normally" again)

Using The Bat! v2.12.00 on Windows 98 4.10 Build  2222

Best regards,
 Colin                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]