Hi, all,
On 04/10/1999, at 00:12,
Ali Martin (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
climbed up a big rock and began to chant:

>> btw, this point was discussed a few days ago: see the "Quote
>> prefixing rehash" thread...

AM> No Claude. This is a different matter.

... Sorry :-\

AM> The point is that if someone were
AM> to innocently write to you and place '>' signs for whatever reason in
AM> the body of their text problems may arise. If the '>' appears within the
AM> first twenty characters of the line it is treated as a quote prefix and
AM> the reply quote prefix placed inappropriately in front of it.

Wouldn't this pb be solved with the same idea I had within the thread
I related?
It was to change the actual rule "If there is a '>' in the beginning
of the line AND the first char is not a sp, quote" to "If there is a
 '>' in the line AND no sp before it, quote".

Claude.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thought of the day (randomly french or english)
La terre est plate, celui qui déclare qu'elle est sphérique est un infidèle :
il doit être châtié.
- Abd'el Aziz el Baz, Arabie Séoudite, 1995.