Joris,

> Hello Anne,

 That's my mother ;-) This is usually her account.

> Are you sure you have the right to acces that server from the dail-up
> account you're using?

 Yes, as
  a) This error only occured recently, before everything worked
     correctly.
  b) This account isn't part of my providers service. It was included
     with a domain I registered. So I should be able to access it from
     any dialup connection.

> If you have, the dns-server could be down (try pinging it)

 I already did that, and it was there. Also, as I said, the POP part
 is still working.

-Jast