Hello, fellow Bat-lovers.

On Saturday, October 16, 1999, 11:06:13 AM, Andrew wrote:

> Hello, The Bat Users!

SL>>     When the reply-to and from fields differ, offer the user the choice of
SL>> which to use.  While RFC822 states that reply-to should be used it does not
SL>> state that it must be used to the exclusion of from.  Furthermore, since 822
SL>> does allow for mailing lists to use the reply-to to redirect replies back to
SL>> the list by default there are times when a user will want to easily reply to
SL>> the originator of the message and not to the list as a whole.

> May be a new button or a pull-down menu (as one under the Get mail
> button) item would be a better way then a pop-up dialog every time the
> user hits Reply?

I hate to keep referring to other programs, but Agent and Becky! have
SO many nice features that I hope TB would emulate....

Becky handles this one really nicely. On the bar separating the
message list from the preview pane, there is an icon called "Check
Addresses". If you click on this icon, it brings up the From, Sender,
Reply-To, To, and Cc fields with their contents. Among other things,
you can click on the addresses you want to reply to, then click on a
"Reply to the Address" button, and you've accomplished what you
wanted. It's very flexible.

If you just want to reply to the Reply-To address, or Reply to All,
there are icons for these; you don't have to use Check Addresses
unless you want the added flexibility.

 Keith Russell
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]