Hi all,

On Friday, October 22, 1999, 11:18:44 AM (-5 GMT), Steve scribbled:

    > Friday, October 22, 1999, 9:11:57 AM, Ali wrote:
>> messages may have the same time but the order in which they're listed
>> reflects the order in which TBUDL server got the messages.

>     Well, in theory, yeah.  However, it is possible that, say, two messages
> come in and while the first one is stuck on some delivery for some reason the
> other zips through and so your server would get the 2nd message before the
> 1st.  The most accurate would be that sorting be the received time will
> reflect the order your ISPs server got the messages in.  :)

That's correct.

However, in reality, you're theory doesn't seem to occur that often
because I get a message listing that far more accurately reflects true
chronology of the messages than when using the message creation times.
Replies come after messages as they should etc. :)

Why aren't there more errors as there probably should be when using
the received time? Is it because the messages are all about the same
size leading to no significant holdups with one message as opposed to
another or is it that it's rare for two messages to arrive on the
TBUDL server at the same time.

--
Regards,
 -=Ali=-

   >>> Point not found. A)bort, R)eread, I)gnore. <<<
 Using The Bat! 1.36 on Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5)