Hi all,

On Monday, October 25, 1999, 3:49:39 PM (-5 GMT), Steve scribbled:

==8<===
>> Yes, of course, but I think that those with just a few questions,
>> probably don't hang around long. Who knows? My point was only that
>> postings to a user list are perhaps not the best guide of the
>> wishes of the entire userbase, much less the potential userbase.

>     This is where I take offense.  Why is it that every program *MUST* do
> everything else that every other program does?  Why?  It completely ignores
> these two *FACTS*.
==8<===

Stick a pin there Steve and please just look for a minute. Paula's
statement was made as a direct argument to Leif's statement which I'll
quote here.

      "This is where I think you will find the most disagreement. The
      majority of the list members ... Felt very strongly against
      incorporating other functions like news reading, and even HTML
      into TB."

The strength of Leif's  statement is based on the assumption that the
UDL's subscribed membership comprises a significant segment of TB!'s
userbase and hence their collective opinion has more than significant
importance. Paula is just placing a valid spoke in this wheel of
thought by indicating that this segment of the userbase may not be all
that significant and that opinions may otherwise differ outside the
UDL.

This has nothing to do with her personal desires as she indicated to
me with this exchange:

Myself: "Be that as it may, I don't see why The Bat! should be made to
        be like all the other products out there, especially if it's
        gaining a profitable userbase as is, with it's intended
        development roadmap as a specialized e-mail only client."

Paula's response: "I wasn't suggesting this at all."

--
Regards,
 -=Ali=-

   >>> Shift key? this keyboard is an automatic! <<<
 Using The Bat! 1.36 on Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5)