Hi there!

On 2 Nov 99, at 0:59, Christopher J. Trybowski wrote
    about "Re: OT: Computer Philosophy (was: R":

> > Before  the  crash  he  had  1  primary  and 1 extended partition, 2
> > logicals on the latter. After the crash, he had only *one* (primary)
> > partition.  The rest of the partitions just perished. The data lost.
> > On  the  primary  partition that seemed to survive all the data *but
> > windows  and office* was trashed, too.
>
> Did  he  really lost everything? AFAIK Windows sometimes messes up the
> partition table, but it is reversible (after longer or shorter time of
> calculating new one manually)...

He's a dumb, I told you:-) He couldn't see his data, *then* the
second thing he did was formatting his HDD. If *i* were there, I
would save (at least, almost) all he had their. Windows never
wipes what it deletes. Direct disk editing could help, of course:-)

BTW, I'm not sure this message will be ever distributed to the
list: I'm getting some odd problems with my subscription
recently:-((

SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)
--
Thought for the day:
  Trouble strikes in series of threes, but when working around

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---