Friday, November 19, 1999, 11:31:07 PM, Thomas wrote:
> Hi Steve,

> on Saturday, November 20, 1999, 8:37:02 AM GMT+0800, Steve Lamb
> wrote:

SL>>     MUA stands for Mail Use Agent or Messaging User Agent.  MTA
is for Mail
SL>> Transfer agent.  There is a third, MDA, which stands for Mail
Delivery Agent.

> [very good explanation skipped}

> For all those who have put Steve on the kill filter, please note
> that you've missed something very educational.

  Yes, this is the problem with people like Steve, they aren't
stupid,
just very irritating.  You have to balance if the information
received
is worth the anti-social behavior that generally accompanies it.
  I'd also like to note that from my experience a "Steve" ages very
well and becomes a considerable asset.  I can't wait!  8^)
  Generally speaking if a "Steve" does make some good points someone
that is willing to deal with his behavior will comment on it and the
rest of us will get the good parts without the bad parts via quoted