Pasquale J. Festa Sr. wrote:

AM>> I'm trying to figure out what you mean by what you are saying but my
AM>> guess is that your text line lengths are erratic because you are
AM>> re-editing already wrapped text without the autoformat feature
AM>> switched on. In this case, you can reformat the offending block of
AM>> text by pressing Alt+L (left justify) when the cursor is anywhere
AM>> within text block.

AM>> NB// Alt+L will not work if the cursor is positioned in the text block
AM>> area with the mouse. You have to position it with the keyboard.

> They are erratic even if I receive from other group members and do
> nothing.

You can't really do much about the formatting of the messages sent by
other members. The editor options will not affect the formatting of
messages received. The most that The Bat! will do for you is
automatically wrap text in received messages if it would have gone off
the message viewer window. This is why I'm a stickler for a decent
e-mail editor. I need to know that what my recipient gets is what I
see in front of me and that it's presentable. This level of control is
supported by TB! and only a few others, namely, Pegasus Mail and
Forte' Agent.

All those editor options are for *you* to have control over what *you*
type.

>  I basically have everything checked under edit preferences.

Avoid simply checking all of them since some incur standard
functionality and others do not.

For instance if the 'persistent blocks' option is checked it will
cause unnerving resistance of selected text to being deleted.
I suggest that you spend a few moments experimenting as well as going
through the editor related stuff in the help file. You will then have
the power of a flexible editor at your fingertips.

> I want to see everything left justify and looking proper no matter
> who's letter I see.

Can't happen. Just make sure that *your* messages look good and
hopefully others will envy their appearance and want to do the same.
This is what netiquette is all about and you're simply falling victim
to it. :)

--
 * Ali Martin              mailto: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

  ** Oxymoron: Weather Forecast.

   *** Using The Bat! v1.38 Beta/3 [-] Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 6)