Hi there!

On 27 Nov 99, at 16:39, Quin Selman wrote
    about "Re[2]: nws attachments":

> >>   I am receiving _many_ messages that when received show only an icon
> >>   marked "something.nws" or, in some cases, "something.msg." The
> >>   latter turn into "something.nws" when displayed in the View window.
> >>
> >>   Apparently these are AOL inline attachments; at least TB says they
> >>   are inline attachments. Is there no way The Bat! can read these?
>
> AVK> MIME-attach an example of such message, and let's see:-))

And what? The message was pretty well opened here with beta
2. No problem at all other then the (naturally) the stupidity of the
AOL users:-))

This message represents a well-known example of how AOL
users exchange messages: it has another message attached,
which, in turn, has another, and so on and so on... almost ad
infinitum. This is the normal way for AOL to forward messages.
They *always* MIME-attach the message being forwarded, and
hence the result you saw.

You also can open this shit. Just keep double-clicking on
attachment icon (I had to do so I believe 6 times with your
example message:-)))), and _finally_ you'll get to the actual text.
That's simple!

BTW, taking this very opportunity I can draw your attention
once more to the sad fact that TB handles forwarding
*inconveniently*. The way it forwards the messages is set up in
Account properties (Templates-->Forward-->MME forwarding).
This way some TB users might well end up sending the crap
like you supplied (simple: just check that checkbox, and you're
done!), BUT the users (like me) who _need_ to have an ability
to MIME-forward _this_or_that_message_only_ cannot do so
(every now and then you need to goto Account properties, set
the option, then, after you've forwarded what you wanted, again
the same procedure in the reverse order...). OTOH, there exists
NO simple way to read the messages like the one you've got
problems with. In Pegasus I can just simply Ctrl-Doubleclick
such message, and it will open "as plain text"; but in TB one
has to double-click, double-click and double-click:-((( Note that
on _each_ double-click a _separate_ reader window is opened
(just look at your taskbar and see):-(

SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)
--
Thought for the day:
  To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---