John,

I think you are forgetting something though. The message sent to the
list had Happy99.exe UUencoded, therefore a separate file was not
saved to the attach directory. If you want to see NAV go red with
warnings, right click the Happy99.exe file in the e-mail and try to
save it (provided you have auto-protect enabled. I not, then save the
file and then scan the directory.)

I've using NAV version 5.0 with definition dates of: 99/11/29

On Friday, December 03, 1999, at 17:56 you wrote:
J> Leif,

J> Thursday, Thursday, December 02, 1999, Leif wrote:

J> Just to keep us on our toes, Norton has failed to identify the
J> Happy99/SKA attachment, even with up to date definitions. I checked
J> to be sure that the definitions contained the information and then
J> ran NAV, which scanned right past the worm. I also updated the
J> definitions on the assumption that there might be something flaky
J> about the definition. NAV still missed it. So, we might want to be
J> very cautious about depending on NAV.

J> JWDougherty                        mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

A Wok is what you thwo at a wabbit.

Leif Gregory

--
TBUDL/TBBT List Moderator
ICQ 216395 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Using The Bat! 1.38 Beta/5 under Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium 266 with 64MB.