Tim wrote:

> Hi,

> I'm a new user of The Bat! and I'd like to import my archived emails
> from my old email client into The Bat.  However, my old email client
> only has two export options: to save each invididual message as a text
> file (which although I could then import each individual message into
> The Bat!, there are over 5,000 of them - not an appealing task); and
> to save all the messages with headers into one text file, with each
> message '!# rmail' separated.  Is there a way to import this text file
> into The Bat?

Note:  I'm a new user too and I just went through this.  It's really
not that hard if you can export them all at once and as long as they
contain all of the headers in each text message.

If you can do the above, then just go to Import, and in the dialog
box, go to the folder where they exist.  Use the pulldown menu to
select ALL files (*.*).  Click on the first file name, then go to the
end of the list, press the [Shift] key, and click on the last file
name.  You should now have all messages selected.

Then just press O.K. (or whatever the button says) and they should all
be imported.

It will help if you have filters set up first.

If not, do it folder by folder.  That's how I did it.

HTH,

Derek

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] -'95 Concours
DoD #1359  COG #2103  SR #772  AEE #036025  ASHRAE #5106329

Born to be Wild. Sentenced to Sedation.