Hi there!

On 7 Jan 00, at 20:18, Oyvind Antonsen wrote
    about "Re[2]: Default Translation settings":

> AVK> You're wrong, and I'll bet I can prove this to you. When you get next
> AVK> "unreadable" message, send the headers of it and a pait of unreadable lines
> AVK> here, please.
>
> AVK> Unless your correspondents are using erratic "charset:" fields, all's to be in
> AVK> perfect order.
>
> I suppose the 'untranslated' mail I get do have a non-standard
> "charset:" field, but would it be possible to enforce a default
> translation to all mails like that instead of 'None'???

Aha, I finally got it. It's not a MIME message you've sent here as an example,
hence it has no charset: field. But then, *any* 8-bit characters are
*disallowed* by RFCs in non-MIME messages. So your correspondent is
breaking the standards in this particular case.

As for the workaround, I'd suggest that you goto View-->Encoding-->ISO-
8859-1, and THEN View-->Encoding-->Set as default. My guess is that this
should fix your problem.

--
SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---