Hi there!

On 7 Jan 00, at 23:18, Oyvind Antonsen wrote
    about "Re[2]: Default Translation settings":

> AVK> As for the workaround, I'd suggest that you goto View-->Encoding-->ISO-
> AVK> 8859-1, and THEN View-->Encoding-->Set as default. My guess is that this
> AVK> should fix your problem.
>
> This is what I thought too, but it don't. Tried several times setting
> the encoding to default this way, but next time I recieve a
> non-standard mail, it's back to none (your mail came back to me with a
> default of none btw, not KOI8-1 or Latin-1 or anything)

Oops... Actually, I just found a strange thing: suppose I receive a message in
koi8-r, suppose I open it and goto View-->Encoding. Surprisingly enough,
there the encoding ISO-8859-1 is checked! But the message is displayed
correctly (and hence the correct, KOI8-R encoding is used in fact), AND
when I rightclick on the message body and select Encoding in the context
menu, KOI8-R encoding is marked as being active there! Do you observe the
same behaviour out there? Can anybody confirm this oddity?

Seems that what I and you experience is somewhat the same, only for *me*
the Encoding item in the main menu is always set to ISO-8859-1 (why??? I
don't use this encoding...), and for you it defaults to NONE:-)

--
SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---