Hello Steve,

<snip a overly long and pointless argument>

>     OK.  I'd like to request a reduction in options so the options which are
> really important, instead of user coddling, I can continue to find in future
> versions.  Thanks.  ;P

It would appear to me that people are not seeing the obvious.  There
is a way to fill both needs, and that's through the appropriate use of
plug ins.  When implemented correctly, you can offer lots of choice
and customization, while keeping the "core" program to a minimum.
Some people want handy little reminders, it would be nice to be able
to go download a little package that adds those reminders.
Don't want that?  Don't download the package.  Just like the
international language pack right now.  As I understand it, RIT has
already said that in V2, they will support plug ins.  So what more do
we need?

There is only one pitfall that I hope RIT avoids. In MS Excel, the
Plug-ins come WITH the program, but you have to MANUALLY select them.
That's pointless IMO.  Then you have to do work AND you get a bloated
program.

Ok, fine, I'll add one more pitfall, hopefully RIT allows other
companies to develop plug ins as well.  Personally, I would like to
see a program that can view HTML documents with inline links, but I
understand that this is NOT a widely held wish.  So a plug in would be
perfect.

--
Thanks for writing
 Januk