Hello Marck & all fellow TBUDL members,

Saturday, January 08, 2000, 6:15:16 AM, Marck wrote in response to my saying:

DH>>   Standard   Spanish                       German   Spanish

DH>>   Ctrl-[     Does nothing                  Ctrl-ß   Not applicable
DH>>                                                     (no ß key)
DH>>   Ctrl-]     Make 1st letter upper case    Ctrl-´   Does nothing
DH>>   Ctrl-/     Does nothing                  Ctrl-#   Does nothing

DH>> Nothing new turned up.

MDP> Here's another suggestion:

MDP> Try Ctrl with the two keys to the right of the 'P' on the
MDP> keyboard where the first key is the '[' and the second is the
MDP> ']'. For the '/' key try the key to the right of the '.' (period)
MDP> key. I think the keys work on scan codes which are positional
MDP> rather than related to whatever national key-top has been placed
MDP> at that position on the keyboard.

If I understood you correctly, I use the two keys directly following
P, which are ´ and + in lower case, ¨ and * in upper. They didn't
work, not with ctrl or alt or alt gr (except the last, but that's an
alt gr key and acted as always).

My board's layout is like this:

top line, lower case:

|1234567890'¿

top line, upper case:

°!"#$%&/()=?¡

next line, lower case:

qwertyuiop´+

upper case:

QWERTYUIOP¨*

Then (lower case):

asdfghjklñ{}

and upper:

ASDFGHJKLÑ[]

the last is (lower):

<zxcvbnm,.-

and upper:

>ZXCVBNM;:_

A number of keys work of course with alt Gr only:

| key: ¬ ' key: \ (top line)

q key: @ and + key: ~ (second line)

{ key: ^ and } key: ` (third line)

Another on the last line turned out to be a spec of something.

MAYBE some meaning can be gleaned from this, since its both positional
and key specific.

Douglas Hinds