Hi there!

On 12 Jan 00, at 3:28, John Sullivan wrote
    about "Re: suggestion- / wish-list":

> I often alter these headers in the middle of message composition. This
> is convenient to do with a built-in (or tightly coupled) editor, less
> so with a completely external editor.

Agreed. Nonetheless, *having support* for the external editor *is* pretty good
a feature. If TB had DDE support, it would be possible to use it with WinEdt if
one so wished (WinEdt supports scripting and DDE in full). I have it
configured with Pegasus (which does DDE, but only server-type currently)

> This really isn't practical in general. The only realistic way to
> customize an editor so is for the editor itself to have very powerful
> scripting facilities. Which narrows the market immensely. I know
> UltraEdit's scripting is not powerful enough. Notepad has no scripting
> at all. Emacs is the obvious example, but that's huge and would have
> to be run in emacsserver mode, and even then it's just not my
> favourite editor even though I'm quite comfortable using it when
> necessary. Word's scripting facilities are probably just about
> powerful to do this, but there's no way I'm using Word for composing
> email!

Use WinEdt (www.winedt.com). Gotta like it;-) The scripting is all there. The
only problem it support regexps of Delphi syntax, *not* in that of the Perl's,
although this is likely to be changed in the *nearest* future.

> In short, the built-in editor should stay, but I think having the
> option of an external editor would be useful to some.

Exactly my point;-)

> Unfortunately for them, under the Windows environment the choice of editors
> that this would work with is limited to the very dumb

www.winedt.com;-) Again;-) And this *only* requires that DDE support
(client/server) be available in TB!

--
SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---