Tuesday, January 11, 2000, 9:14:06 PM, tracer wrote:
> Steve, any idea what editors you have seen under windows which might
> do the job as external editors for the Bat??

    Well, an editor which just edits plain text would work.  As I've said, my
preference is for vim which is really a unix[1] editor.  My other preference is
joe, another unix editor.  I've not looked at GUI based editors ever since my
OS/2 days when I used to use Mr. Ed for my external editor for PMMail/2.

> Presumably calling a different editor with a fake notepad.exe shouldnt
> be that complicated to arange

    Hell, calling a different editor with any name shouldn't be that hard.
The only problem, as people have rightfully pointed out, is that if the editor
doesn't exit after the task at hand is completed there is a problem
signaling to the email client to read in the temp file and continue with its
task.