Hello Steve Lamb,
On Fri, 14 Jan 2000 08:26:51 -0800 GMT your local time,
which was Friday, January 14, 2000, 11:26:51 PM (GMT+0700) my local time,
Steve Lamb wrote:

Steve> Friday, January 14, 2000, 8:17:33 AM, Clemens wrote:
>> nono, cause the whole mail size of this directory was TO big. And I
>> don't think you can comrpess 55MB to 340K ^^ and 54 mails each about
>> 2-20K can never need 55MB!!

Steve>     Was it the inbox?  You are aware that any message you ever got and
Steve> filtered elsewhere is in the inbox until you compress it?  "Compress" here
Steve> means removing the entries marked "Deleted" from the database.  All mail is
Steve> filed in the inbox *before* it is filtered.  It is then filtered and, if
Steve> needed, marked as deleted.
Correct....

Best regards,

tracer