Hello Clemens 'Gullevek' Schwaighofer,
On Mon, 17 Jan 2000 23:02:32 +0100 GMT your local time,
which was Tuesday, January 18, 2000, 5:02:32 AM (GMT+0700) my local time,
Clemens 'Gullevek' Schwaighofer wrote:

Clemens> Hello tracer,

Clemens> Sunday, January 16, 2000, 3:01:26 AM, tracer wrote:

Clemens>>> so this means, unless I activate the compress thing in the inbox
Clemens>>> folder, all mails stay there and are not moved to the other folders?
Clemens>>> or do they stay there, and are also copied into the other folders but
Clemens>>> not "really" deleted out of the inbox ?
>> Its like removing unwanted books from the library by taking the index cards.
>> There seem to be less but they are still there...

Clemens> but they must be very big, those indexes ... I mean there is a
Clemens> difference between 55MB and 314K ^^
My mistakeas my answer wasnt clear.., cards are gone but books still there.....
Like most filing systems, even normal hard disk. The data doesnt get
deleted.
Just the index.
Its one of the ways they rolled up a drug smugglers operation years
ago as they had their data/addresses in a Psion organiser.
They managed to delete the data but that didnt mean it wasnt there...

Its also the reason that when a filing system gets a problem the
sooner fixed the better as one can reorder a few mislaid cards by
checking where they belong but if you dump the box on the floor you
got a life long job...
well known example is the scandisk  or equivalent wanting to check
your disk after a bad shutdown. Let it do it. Just zap what it says is
mixed up. Normally all is ok after that as all that gets zapped are
incomplete files. if you donot and it gets reused in places where the
OS thinks there is no data you get a real problem...

Clemens> Best regards, Clemens
Clemens> written with TheBat! 1.38e
Clemens> on Windows 98, 4 10
Clemens> Build 2222  A
Clemens> on Monday, January 17, 2000 at 11:02:05 PM

Best regards,

tracer

Using theBAT 1.39 Beta/1
mail to : [EMAIL PROTECTED]