Hello Allie Martin,
On Sat, 15 Jan 2000 07:57:02  -0500 GMT your local time,
which was Saturday, January 15, 2000, 7:57:02 PM (GMT+0700) my local time,
Allie Martin wrote:

Allie> On Sat, 15 Jan 2000 14:36:23 +0700, tracer wrote:

Allie> [..snip..]

>> I can also recommend Reget ( I think its far superior to getright if
>> you download many files) and there is the free Firetalk, amazingly
>> good quality talking between 2 pc's...

Allie>     I like you, have a problem with connection speed. It's at a premium. I
Allie> therefore use a download manager and mine is Getright. I find it to do
Allie> things just great. What's the deal with Reget why you think it's superior
Allie> to Getright?
Well, its difficult to explain.
but lets say if I want a version of getright which works like a paid
for version, it would take me 10 minutes to locate one and get it.
Including a working key.
I likely even have it somewhere...
I could get a real key.  I probably have one somewhere as well.
But whats the use as I donot like the thing.
Now thats a vague thing, I know. But I find that REGET seems to get
things Getright cannot get. Especially on some websites which donot
want you to link via other sites.
I find the controls of Reget easy. I never ONCE (ok once...) had  a
problem.
Problem I had was that I didnt see that to store pauses on files till
the next logon were in the settings...

I have tried Getright on and off since at least 2 years,
It never saved me enough time/money AND headaches to stimulate me to
buy it.
On the other hand it caused me memory leaks
Reget though managed to convince me in about a month it was worth
having so I downloaded the latest, paid for it, dumped the fake serial
and am happy. It works as I want so what can I complain about..
if its really better, who knows, its like many programs a matter of
the feeling of the thing, taste and if you are happy with it.

Like with AVP (the antivirus program) which I like BUT it doesnt like
my system...
So I use Dr Web and it does the job extreemly well.

Anyway, I would suggest you drop me a note offline what you
want to do as I likely have seen any program there is for usage in
circumstances where you get fleeced by a government etc.
I am (g).
I likely used most of them to see if they would help.
Same with ftp programs.
I have used many but what I use now to maximize throughput is
wincommander. It allows ftp bounce (oops xftp), multiple downloads but
keeping track of what goes what way is complicated.
I use Bulletftp (even paid for the thing after using it for at least a
year) for my normal downloads/uploads.

Another thing saving me loads of time is Teleport.
If a site has many pages of interest, I just take the whole site....
However they STILL havent brought out their ftp update which should
have apeared more then 2 years ago...
On the other hand I can ue my shell in the USA to grab the whole thing
using Linux.. Meaning Exceed is running on my PC...

Best regards,

tracer

Using theBAT 1.39 Beta/1
mail to : [EMAIL PROTECTED]