Hi there!

On 20 Jan 00, at 13:26, Keith Russell wrote
    about "Re[2]: Fwd: Re: Redirect (Bounce)":

> AM>     MIME forward the message. In so doing, the recipient knows without a
> AM> doubt that the message was not originally sent to him. On opening the
> AM> attached message, he views it intact, is able to examine the intact
> AM> headers etc. When he hits reply, the appropriate addressing comes up. The
> AM> only drawback to this, which I personally don't consider to be one, is
> AM> that you have to open the message since it comes as an attachment.
>
> This solution would be fine if, each time I forwarded a message I
> could choose whether or not to use MIME, but I don't know of any way
> to do this. Am I missing something?

Nope, there exists no way to do so;-(( It's a major shortcoming IMO, I'm in a
habit of widely using both MIME-forwarding (actually, judging by RFCs, it's not
a proper term, and it's not necessarily forwarding: for example, Pegasus
allows one to *attach* any _message_ to the currently edited one in the same
fashion. The proper term should be "attach the message" and this action
should be somewhere in menus, NOT in the forward template) and MIME
digests.

To correct the current behaviour is a rather long-standing wishlist item, and i
really hope it will be addressed in the version 2.

> I can always go into Account Properties and check the MIME box below
> the Reply template, but I certainly don't want to have to do this
> every time I want to redirect (pardon me--bounce) a message. And if I
> leave it permanently checked, I may start to look like an AOL
> newbie--MIME within MIME within MIME....

Definitely. The option to forward message this way should be put into the
menus, since the deceision is made based on the current message, not based
on the current account (or even folder).

--
SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---